What are termites?
An insect commonly referred to as White Ants.
Termites are not ants.
Timber damaging termites that are common to the Noosa and Hinterland Districts are predominantly subterranean (Build tunnel networks underground).
There are some species that will build Mud Nests in trees and or on posts.
Termites are social creatures, living in a nest with fertile ‘kings’ and a queen that continue to build the colony with worker and soldier termites.
Termites eat 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
When is the termite season?
Termites are more active in the warm wet times of the year although we are regularly called to peoples homes who have found termites in their home during the cooler months.
Noosa and the Hinterland Districts is prime termite country.
What to look for?
- Mud nests in your yard of up trees/stumps
- White looking termites under logs or mulch in your yard
- Termites love damp and timber (That gives you a clue where to look)
- Start with walls behind showers etc.
- “Flying termites” leave the nest warm, humid weather and fly off to form new nests.
- Soft ‘paper thin’ areas in the decorative timbers of your home.
- Discoloration in internal walls (A termite nest in the wall will retain humidity and cause a ‘damp’ patch on the surface of Gyprock
- Mud trails
- Visit Cooroy Pest Control YouTube Channel
- Its your home so its worth educating yourself on what to look for with termites. Termite protection is not a one time event, its an ongoing process.
- Mud nests in roof void or subfloor area.
How to prepare your home for the termite season.
- Best done every winter (Well in advance of the termite season.)
- Have a professional termite company conduct a Full Visual Termite Inspection. (07 5472 0141)
- Check the full perimeter of your home for:
- Leaking taps, gutters, down pipes | have repaired. (See more infomation…)
- Clear away all timber stored against external wall or from under the subfloor.
- Keep flower beds and mulch away from external walls.
- All ground levels should be 75mm below weep holes.
- Don’t let water pool against you home or in the subfloor
- Look for any timber that is in direct contact with the ground and your home. This is a common way termites enter homes.
- Check your meter box for what is called a durable notice and understand:
- What termite protection your home has
- Confirm that its current
- If you are unsure and you live in the Noosa Shire email a photo of the system and one of our technicians will advise you | No charge
- Write down your findings/questions
- Call and let us know
Cost of termite control
Termites in a home
We are often asked how much does it cost for termite control. We have always been upfront with our pricing. See pricing
If you have termites in your home then the technician will have to conduct a termite inspection to establish:
- Extent of infestation in the home
- Species of termite
- Case of infestation
- Termite control plan and price
- Because every termite infestation is unique to every home
Termites in a yard or tree
How much does termite control cost for termites I’ve found in my yard or trees
Starting from $330 (Inc GST) – this includes a follow up check 30 days after the treatment to the live termites | If the first treatment did not eliminate all the termites at the control point we will re-treat at no cost to the homeowner until all termites are eliminated from the treatment area.
If you have any questions please call our office on 07 5472 0141.